School Sports Premium
- Teachers will have the new scheme of work to follow, including clear progression, when teaching PE and pupils will make better progress in lessons
- Pupils will have a better range of equipment to use in lessons and in other areas of school life
- Increased participation in a variety of different sports
- Increased participation in after school/breakfast clubs
- Greater provision of outdoor and adventurous activities
- Pupils will be exposed to different or new sports and will be excited and motivated by them
- Provision of top up swimming to ensure all children can swim 25m by the end of KS2
School Year 2013-2014 Total Amount £8000
What is Schools Sports Premium?
Building on the huge success of the Olympics 2012, the Government has given every primary school dedicated funding for sport to ensure that PE and sport are at the heart of school life. For 2013-14 Longsands Community Primary School received £8000.
The school sports premium provides a fantastic opportunity to develop our facilities, staff and equipment with the principal aim of engaging more children in sport than ever before.
We have used our Sports Premium Money to fund the following projects:
Trampoline Day for Year 2 - £240.00
Transport to the Trampoline Day - £140.00
Rock N Learn for Reception class - £600.00
Top up swimming for Year 5 and 6 – £1300.00
Dance lessons for Year 1 and Year 4 - £900.00 (The teacher works alongside the specialist providing an excellent opportunity for staff CPD.)
Staff and Curriculum Development
CPD courses in relation to the new P.E Curriculum - £300.00
Staff Cover for courses - £240.00
Improvement of School P.E. equipment - £2880.00
An inventory of equipment has been compiled with areas for development addressed. We are purchasing a significant amount of P.E equipment including:
- Indoor Athletics resources
- Basketball posts / nets
- Dance resources.
New outdoor and adventurous activities resources - £1400.00
- Climbing Wall
- Den building kits
Impact of Primary P.E. and Sports Funding
- Improvement in the quality of teaching and learning across different aspects of P.E.
- Teachers will have the new scheme of work to follow, including clear progression, when teaching PE and pupils will make better progress in lessons.
- Pupils will have a better range of equipment to use in lessons and in other areas of school life.
- Greater provision of outdoor and adventurous activities.
- Pupils will be exposed to different or new sports and will be excited and motivated by them.
- Provision of top-up swimming to ensure that all children can swim by the end of Key Stage 2.