Together Everyone Achieves More
Parents Update - Friday 20th March (PM)
20 March 2020 (by Martin Coyne (m.coyne))
Firstly we would like to thank you for your continued patience whilst we have been working on plans for provision next week.
Just to confirm school will be closed on Monday morning and any children who have not received an offer of child care must not come into school. If children can stay safely at home , they should, to limit the chance of the virus spreading . This is why the Government has asked parents to keep their children at home, wherever possible, and asked schools to remain open only for those children who absolutely need to attend .
A few points to help you :
*For those children who will be coming into school can we ask, for some sort of normality, they continue to wear their school uniform .
*PE bags will need to be brought back on the 23rd March .
* On Monday all children can come into school via the side hall door. This will make it easier for staff to show the children the classrooms they will be using. On Tuesday the children can come into school through the classroom door/KS1 door allotted on the previous day
* if you are eligible for a free school meal and are not taking up the offer of a place at school you can pick up a packed lunch for your child between 9.30 and 11.30 from the kitchen door.
* it will be a scaled down staff number who will be supporting the children but ratios will be adhered to. We will still have first aiders on site during the closures.
* the support we will be offering will be purely childcare so please do not expect any reading books etc to be sent home .
* we will continue to keep you updated on a regular basis if plans or guidelines from Government and Lancashire County Council change .
The School kitchen will be open to provide school meals children may bring a packed lunch if you wish